Apply online click here
Summary Responsible for the operation of the saw and the actions of the saw helpers. Responsible for reporting mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic problems to the shift press foreman.
1st shift: 5:00am to 2:330pm (Sunday to Thursday)
2nd shift: 2:30pm to 1:00am (Sunday to Thursday)
- $16.85/hr (shift differential included)
3rd shift: 4×4 schedule 6:00pm-6:00am (Rotating days Monday-Sunday)
- $17.10/hr (shift differential included)
Overtime opportunities available!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets saw stop to the proper length, making sure all cut pieces are within the cutting tolerance.
- Visually inspects the cross section on the first and last cut of each length to guide against distortion of the shape from the stretcher jaws, overstretching, or rubbing.
- Accurately tags each rack with the sales order number, die number pieces, length finish and temper.
- Responsible for maintaining supply of racks, carts, spacers, etc.
- Removes any scrap and saw chips from the saw table.
- Loads the oven for aging with the help of the stackers.
- Plans in advance to separate painted, anodized, and mill finished metal and, if required separate by temper.
- Responsible for checking: length of saw stop, the saw blade, burr or condition of the material, saw blade lubrication, chip collector and chip barrel, work order against die number and skips and spacers on hand.
- Instructs the saw helper in keeping up with production and up holding quality standards.
- Checks quality of saw cuts. If the cut is poor, the saw operator must inform maintenance.
- Must check the saw chip collector at the beginning of every shift and empty as needed.
- Checks the quality of the metal and the proper racking and stacking.
- Checks work order and die print to properly identify shape.
- Completing tags including information of order number and quantity.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and or Safety Department.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
Work Environment: Duties are performed in a loud and uncontrolled environment (production setting) subject to extreme temperatures. Some duties may be required to be performed outside.
In addition to stable employment and weekly paychecks, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance package, 401(k), vacation time and life insurance.
Western Extrusions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Apply online or walk in to apply in person!
1735 Sandy Lake Rd. Carrollton, TX 75006
- Please note that we only take walk-ins Monday – Friday 8am-3pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.10 to $17.10 /hour
- Saw Operator: 2 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan