Apply online click here
Department: Extrusions Maintenance
Shifts: Must be able to work rotating shifts when needed
Monday –Sundays (2,2,3) 6:00am-6:00pm/ 6:00pm-6:00am
Pay Range: $17- $25 DOE
Candidate must be able to work on heavy machinery and aluminum extrusion presses. Experience with motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, single phase and three phase electricity, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Keep in mind this is a hands-on position that requires you to be out in the plant working on industrial machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance; monitoring compliance.
- Utilize blueprints, plans, electrical drawing and code specifications to complete job tasks, repair machinery and set machines.
- Troubleshoot testing and repair manufacturing equipment which can include various electrical systems to ensure that they are working properly.
- Run tests, isolating problems, replacing damaged section and performing other tasks as required.
- Perform upgrades or preventive maintenance to electrical control systems
- Inspect, test and install systems or equipment repairing correctly for safe operation
- May be required to retrofit equipment with controls needed to improve the efficiency and performance of the devices.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Associates Degree tech school preferred
- Highly skilled in the areas of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical
- Specialized skills in industrial maintenance, industrial technology, mechanical drawing, math, computer programming, electronics or another related field
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Proficient in electrical installation, maintenance and repair
- Should possess strong manual dexterity
Work Environment: Duties are performed in a loud and uncontrolled environment (production setting) subject to extreme temperatures. Some duties may be required to be performed outside.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance package, 401(k), vacation time and life insurance.
Western Extrusions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Pheumatic Tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hydraulic Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Industrial Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)