Schedule: 2ndshift Sunday-Friday (frequent Sat)
Pay Rate: $18.50 plus shift differential ($.75)
Position Summary: Lay out, fit, and fabricate components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Aluminum Welding experience highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment
- Observes tests on welded surfaces to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Mig and Tig welding, and aluminum experience required
- Must have at least 2-3 years’ experience
- Must be able to follow directions and adhere to all safety rules
- Must be able to work required shifts and minimize time off
- Must be able to perform essential duties
- Possess technical know-how of welding equipment
- Ability to fuse weld stainless steel
- Ability to weld thin gauge aluminum
- Able to read blueprints, understand weld symbols and take measurements
- Must pass welding Tests during interview
Duties are performed in a loud and uncontrolled environment (warehouse setting) subject to extreme temperatures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance package, 401(k), vacation time and life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 /hour
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Aluminum: 1 year (Preferred)
- TIG Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance