Job Title: Welder
Position Summary: Locates and welds components together using a GMAW process also uses machines such as cutoff saws, rolls, break presses, punch presses, forming machines, that cut, shape, and bend aluminum profiles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Fabricate fixtures required to locate material to be welded
· Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
· Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
· Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and documents the results.
· Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
· Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
· Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
· Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
· Examines products for defects, such as deep scratches or bent material.
· May hand stamp or stencil identifying information on cartons or shipping containers.
· Assists in set up of machine, stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety Department.
· Maintains clean area.
· Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
· Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Must successfully demonstrate proficiency through written and or hands on demonstration of the following:
1. Pass a fillet weld bend test in the 2F position meeting the requirements of the AWS D1.2 structural welding code for aluminum.
2. Read Tape measure
3. Use Calipers
4. Use linear measuring table
5. Read and understand shop drawings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.35 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Blueprint reading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Welding Symbol: 2 years (Preferred)
- TIG Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Stick Welding: 2 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment